|Blogging Gems -We are proud to have several blogs at Lots of Kids. Over the years, we've had a few extra-special posts which have been of particular help and inspiration to our readers. Since not everyone has the opportunity to follow the blogs regularly, and to give some of our new readers a chance to share these particularly helpful posts, we have started this special page. Below you'll find links to various entries covering a wide variety of subjects that a particularly relevant to large families.|
4 or More Blog
- House Rich - Are your House Rich or Poor? Does it matter?
- Blessed by Frugal Living - Living on a shoestring can be difficult, but it can be a lifesaver when hard times hit.
- Peace: An Organized Home - Organizing tips to help bring harmony, and a bit of happiness, into your home.
- My Stapler Has A Home - A mom's musings about the quest for finding simple things in life's chaos!
- Christmas Traditions - One family's traditions to help inspire you to create your own.
- Seven Pairs of Shoes - Shoe shopping can get quite interesting with a large family!
- All Good Things Must Come To An End - Poignant reflections on deciding there will be no more babies.
- What is Mega? - 8, 10, 15? 6? How many kids makes a mega family?
- How to Fix a Toilet - Sometimes the tiniest things can cause the biggest problems!
- Cereal for Dinner - You know, it's okay to eat cereal for dinner. Even in a big family.
- Who Are All These Kids & Why Are They Calling Me Mommy? - Humorous musings on mega-family life.
Large Family Cooking
- October 2008 Cooking Challenge Entry - Featuring our much requested taquitos recipe.
- Getting Kids to Help - Cooking is a great family affair, and the kids can learn something too.
- Be Flexible - Having a plan can be a lifesaver. Being flexible can be a sanity saver.
Lots of Kids and Special Needs
- Integration - We have to consider everyone when we push for integration.
- You Want What? - Special needs kids and haircuts...a volatile combination!
- Every Life Has a Purpose - Beautiful reflections on a special life.
- Both Ends of the Spectrum - Trying to keep it all realistic and in perspective.
- Potracks on the Cheap - A new potrack doesn't have to cost a fortune.
- Shoe Storage - Clever idea to keep all those shoes organized and accessible.
- Creating a Pantry - Sometimes all it takes is rethinking the space.
Homeschooling Lots of Kids
- Lapbook Learning - Introduction to a great way to homeschool.
- Italic Writing on a Penny - Lots of resources to learn to write italic on a budget.